Open Position: Warehouse Manager
Since 1975, Rapid Aid has been the leading global designer and manufacturer of hot and cold therapy products, constantly innovating as we strive to treat the world’s bumps and bruises. We work closely with major medical companies and retailers on seamless OEM solutions for private label lines, while also delivering our own full range of branded products. We manufacture for companies that specialize in healthcare, first aid, retail and much more. Our head office is in Mississauga, Ontario, and we proudly produce over 400 styles of hot and cold therapy products both in Canada and our wholly owned manufacturing facilities in China and Vietnam. In 2020, Rapid Aid expanded into Cold Chain Packaging Solutions, assisting businesses as they transport their temperature-sensitive products
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for overseeing picking, storage, receiving, dispatching, security, maintenance, sanitation and administrative functions. You will oversee, train, evaluate and reward staff. You will ensure excellent quality service is provided to all Rapid Aid customers and internal departments by managing the warehouse processes and activities. By providing leadership and direction to warehouse employees, the Warehouse Manager will ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the warehouse. This position will work closely with all departments to ensure the efficient coordination and communication of information in order to enhance the level of service throughout the Rapid Aid organization.
- Manages, coaches and develops warehouse employees.
- Ensures the efficient management of all warehousing distribution, shipping and receiving activities,
- Implement all training, operational policies and procedures
- Maintains clear and open lines of communication between other internal departments.
- Ensure all security needs are met to company standard
- Drives continuous improvements in all areas to achieve more efficient practices.
- Works closely with Management Team in the implementation and communication of new processes
- Manages and directs efficient processes with suppliers, and warehouse
- Ensures that all employees’ concerns are treated in a fair and equitable manner
- Consistently demonstrates the importance of being proactive
- Attends and contributes to management meetings by providing updates and information on operational matters.
- Maintain accurate documentation and record keeping of warehouse activities.
- Assist with deliveries, shipments and receipts where required
Skills, Technical and Behavioral Competencies
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to attain a forklift license and the ability to safely operate a forklift.
- 5+ years proven warehouse management experience
- Strong leadership and coaching capabilities
- Strong communication skills and the ability to train others.
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain accurate records
- Proficient computer skills
- Knowledge of inventory and inventory controls
- Available to work extended hours
- Location: 4120A Sladeview Crescent, Units 1 – 4, Mississauga, Ontario