Shipper / Receiver
Since 1975, Rapid Aid has been the leading global designer and manufacturer of hot and cold therapy products, constantly innovating as we strive to treat the world’s bumps and bruises. We work closely with major medical companies and retailers on seamless OEM solutions for private label lines, while also delivering our own full range of branded products. We manufacture for companies that specialize in healthcare, first aid, retail and much more. Our head office is in Mississauga, Ontario, and we proudly produce over 400 styles of hot and cold therapy products both in Canada and our wholly owned manufacturing facilities in China and Vietnam. In 2020, Rapid Aid expanded into Cold Chain Packaging Solutions, assisting businesses as they transport their temperature-sensitive products
The Shipper Receiver is responsible for providing excellent quality service to all Rapid Aid customers and internal departments by accurately counting, packing, loading and documenting outgoing freight, and by accurately counting and unloading incoming freight. This position will work closely with the Supply Chain Manager to ensure that all shipping and receiving is accomplished accurately and on time.
- Provides superior customer service and demonstrates a professional and positive attitude toward internal and external contacts at all times.
- Provides assistance in the warehouse and plant as required.
- Unloads freight and verifies quantities match the packing slip information.
- Tags raw materials and chemicals, and ensures they are stored with locations accurately recorded.
- Picks, packs, counts, and loads finished goods and records quantities on the pack slip.
- Ensures loading and unloading are performed safely, efficiently and accurately.
- Follows safety procedures carefully, including the operation of the forklift and other equipment.
- Cleans the work area and maintains an orderly dock.
- Performs pre-shift inspections for all lift trucks daily, charging and maintaining the batteries.
- Assists with counting inventory when required.
- Updates and maintains Inventory levels in NAV
Skills, Technical and Behavioral Competencies
- The ability to accurately understand verbal and written instructions and respond accordingly
- Strong communication skills
- A current Counter Balance & Raymond Reach forklift license
- The ability to safely operate a forklift
- A positive team player and contributor
- Excellent customer service focus
- The ability to ensure work is completed correctly, thoroughly and within established timeframes
- The ability to work and cooperate with others to accomplish department or corporate goals and objectives
- The ability to lift and load/unload freight
- Strong organizational skills