Open Position: Quality Assurance Technician
Since 1975, Rapid Aid has been the leading global designer and manufacturer of hot and cold therapy products, constantly innovating as we strive to treat the world’s bumps and bruises. We work closely with major medical companies and retailers on seamless OEM solutions for private label lines, while also delivering our own full range of branded products. We manufacture for companies that specialize in healthcare, first aid, retail and much more. Our head office is in Mississauga, Ontario, and we proudly produce over 400 styles of hot and cold therapy products both in Canada and our wholly owned manufacturing facilities in China and Vietnam. In 2020, Rapid Aid expanded into Cold Chain Packaging Solutions, assisting businesses as they transport their temperature-sensitive products
- The Quality Assurance Technician is primarily responsible for inspection, sampling, routine testing and documentation of in-coming raw materials to ensure compliance with Health Canada and FDA regulations.
- Within this dynamic organization, Quality has been elevated to a corporate philosophy. To this end, the Quality Assurance Technician will work with the rest of the Quality Team, suppliers and customers to ensure that cost and quality objectives are met and consistent with company standards. This individual should be growth oriented and enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Analyzes and approves incoming materials to ensure they meet corporate requirements and are in compliance with FDA and Health Canada regulations.
- Ensures that accurate and up to date Quality documentation is completed, catalogued and submitted to the appropriate department/supplier/ customer/ regulatory agency.
- Leads communication with suppliers. Coordinates “out of spec” raw material returns for quality investigations.
- Tracks supplier non-conformances affecting quality; initiates, coordinates and follows up on corrective and preventive actions. Escalates more serious quality issues to the Quality Assurance + Regulatory Manager as appropriate.
- Maintains and updates an electronic “approved” supplier database as well as qualify potential new suppliers.
- Coordinates incoming inspection and testing activities to support production requirements.
- Participates in new product development and testing, as required.
- Assists the Quality Team with periodic quality/environmental audits. Participates in organizational continuous improvement activities as appropriate.
- Maintains effective communication with all departments within the plant.
- Models a professional, proactive and positive attitude toward internal and external contacts at all times.
- Complies with company safety standards, adheres to the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and participates on the company Health and Safety Committee as required.
- Post secondary education in a related quality, technical, engineering or scientific field
- 1 – 2 years experience in Quality Assurance in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of quality control systems – particularly inspection and testing methodologies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Solid analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Proficient data tracking skills, working knowledge of statistics and control charts
- Strong computer skills – Excel, Word, email, letter and report writing
- Knowledge of FDA Regulations, Health Canada Regulations, ISO (9001) standards and Good Manufacturing Practices, WHMIS, HACCP
- Enthusiastic, confident, professional, team player
- The ability to take direction and work independently
- The ability to accurately understand verbal and written instructions and respond accordingly
- The ability to give precise directions, generate effective reports and transmit information accurately on a timely basis
- The ability to ensure work is completed correctly, thoroughly and within established timeframes
- The ability to work and cooperate with others to accomplish department or corporate goals and objectives
- Location: 4120A Sladeview Crescent, Units 1 – 4, Mississauga, Ontario