Eco Friendly EarthWise Biodegradable EPS Coolers & Shipper Box for Cold Chain Packaging
The first biodegradable expandable polystyrene (EPS) cooler tested for vaccine, pharmaceutical, and food shipments*
The no-compromise way to sustainable cold-chain packaging
The challenge with today’s temperature-controlled packaging is not the weight, the cost, or the capabilities. It is the composition of the materials. While standard EPS is recyclable and can create various new products, there are high costs connected with transporting the waste due to its volume-to-weight ratio.
The majority of discarded plastics end up in biologically (bioreactor) active landfills. Microorganisms found in these landfills are the key to the biodegradation of TempAid expandable polystyrene resin. Thanks to this unique additive, you don’t have to alter your waste stream to be eco-friendly. In fact, you do not have to compromise at all.
This revolutionary grade of EPS interacts and biodegrades with the resin’s chemistry to break down the polystyrene at a molecular level, just like the anaerobic conditions found in biologically active landfills.
The first biodegradable EPS coolers & shippers box designed specifically to reduce plastic waste in our landfills and oceans.
- No change in cost from standard EPS solutions
- No performance change from standard EPS solutions
- No CFCs, PBBs, PBDEs, Cadmium, Lead, Mercury, Hexavalent Chromium
- 100% change in product end of life
Lab-tested for shelf stability
Test results conducted under conditions that simulate both wetter and biologically active landfills showed biodegradation of 91.9% of the product over four years*; Long after standard EPS containers are generally used. And just like standard EPS, it has a wide performance temperature range ( -20ºF to 190ºF) and high strength. Use it with the EarthWise™ drain friendly gel packs to create validated solutions to assure end-to-end eco-friendly packaging.
EPS performance with biodegradable properties
Long the affordable standard for protective and insulative packaging, EPS is known for its low cost, superior insulation, lightweight, leak, and moisture resistance.
Sample items tested in TempAid Labs and from third-party laboratories, indicate the product provides the superior properties and performance you love about conventional foam but with a new end-of-life alternative. In fact, our results have shown an improvement in performance over standard EPS in several testing scenarios.
The TempAid Bio EPS is a welcome alternative for those customers demanding eco friendly cold chain packing and shipping options that are still affordable. These can be used as components or as part of a validation solution tested in our labs.
- The emerging meal kit delivery market is a natural fit for these coolers, where millions of fresh or frozen meals reach consumers each year and which require an environmentally friendly disposal method.
- From vaccines to insulin, tissue to pharmaceuticals, when it comes to shipping perishables, count on TempAid Bio EPS insulated shippers to continue to meet the need for ambient, cold, and deep-freeze applications.
|Models||The TempAid EPS Bio is available in over 20 sizes of coolers. Custom sizes are available for volume orders. Contact us for a list of sizes available.|
|Recyclable||Yes, using standard EPS recycling methods (where available)|
|Direct Food Contact||These products meet FDA 21 CFR, EU framework 1935/2004, and EU regulation 10/2011 requirements for direct food contact applications.|
|TempAid Bio EPS products are free from|
* The resin used in these coolers biodegrade 92% over four years. They were tested using sample items under conditions simulating both wet and biologically-active landfills using the ASTM D5511 test. The extent of degradation and stated rate do not mean the product will continue to decompose. The data stated above has been provided in good faith and believed to be reliable, it does not constitute a part of our terms and conditions of sale unless specifically incorporated in our Order Acknowledgment.