Open Position: Procurement Manager
Since 1975, Rapid Aid has been the leading global designer and manufacturer of hot and cold therapy products, constantly innovating as we strive to treat the world’s bumps and bruises. We work closely with major medical companies and retailers on seamless OEM solutions for private label lines, while also delivering our own full range of branded products. We manufacture for companies that specialize in healthcare, first aid, retail and much more. Our head office is in Mississauga, Ontario, and we proudly produce over 400 styles of hot and cold therapy products both in Canada and our wholly owned manufacturing facilities in China and Vietnam. In 2020, Rapid Aid expanded into Cold Chain Packaging Solutions, assisting businesses as they transport their temperature-sensitive products
We are currently looking for an experienced Procurement Manager to lead our procurement process. You will be responsible for the purchasing process from selecting suppliers to ensuring stock optimization. The procurement manager will have ample experience in supply chain and logistics. Your role would be to implement cost-effective purchases of all goods and services, as required by Rapid Aid. You will be responsible for quality control and adhering to the company’s policies and procedures on supply chain management.
- Developing inventive and cost-effective procurement strategies
- Sourcing and engaging reliable suppliers and vendors
- Ensure advantageous terms are negotiated with suppliers and vendors
- Reviewing existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure on-going feasibility
- Manage relations with suppliers, and ensure the effective negotiation of contracts, including terms, and rebate prices.
- Perform risk assessment on potential contracts and agreements
- Maintain the procurement budget, promote long term savings on procurement costs
- Preparing procurement reports
- Maintain clear communication with plant, production, sales, and finance in providing information and support.
- Approve purchase of all raw materials, office materials, and assist in the purchase of plant equipment.
- Assist in the management of freight / logistics worldwide.
- Sign off on all applicable payables for payment.
- Manage the daily activities of the Purchasing department
- Approve all purchase orders before being sent for appropriate signatures.
- Ensure all raw materials are ordered and received to meet production, and customer requirements.
- Work with quality control to ensure that all raw materials are tested and meet Rapid Aid standards and requirements, and any non-conformances are communicated to the vendor in a timely manner.
- Work with customers and suppliers in regards to any issues concerning export and import of Rapid Aid products.
Skills, Technical and Behavioral Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration
- 3 years proven work experience managing supply chain operations
- Experience using NAV an asset
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- The ability to ensure work is completed correctly, thoroughly and within established timeframes
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to manage and prioritize several projects at once while setting specific goals & timelines for completion
- Proficient computer skills to maintain accurate records using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & Access)
- Location: 4120A Sladeview Crescent, Units 1 – 4, Mississauga, Ontario
- Occasional over time