Open Position: Packaging Lab Technician
The Packaging Lab Technician is responsible for conducting testing projects in the Cold Chain packaging laboratory, calibration and maintenance of equipment, sample preparation and inventory.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Performing thermal laboratory testing using standard testing methods including the utilization of Thermal Testing Chambers.
- Executing cold chain packaging qualification methods including OQ, IQ and PQ testing.
- Performing physical laboratory testing including drop testing and vibration testing.
- Helping create additions to the Cold Chain packaging product line.
- Preparing samples and measuring equipment for testing based upon the testing schedule.
- Creating documents involved with laboratory testing including lab reports, testing worksheets, and technical drawings.
- Performing calibration and preventative maintenance of laboratory equipment and measuring devices.
- Working on projects in conjunction with other members of the Rapid Aid team including research and development, new products, and developing new testing methods.
- Assisting in the training of new laboratory employees.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Science, Engineering; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Laboratory experience is required.
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) is required.
- Knowledge of ISTA testing procedures is preferred.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks is preferred.
- Full Time
- Three month trial followed by permanent status
- 8 hours
- Day/Afternoon Shift
- Monday to Friday and occasional weekends
- Possible Overtime