Open Position: Machine Operator
Since 1975, Rapid Aid has been the leading global designer and manufacturer of hot and cold therapy products, constantly innovating as we strive to treat the world’s bumps and bruises. We work closely with major medical companies and retailers on seamless OEM solutions for private label lines, while also delivering our own full range of branded products. We manufacture for companies that specialize in healthcare, first aid, retail and much more. Our head office is in Mississauga, Ontario, and we proudly produce over 400 styles of hot and cold therapy products both in Canada and our wholly owned manufacturing facilities in China and Vietnam. In 2020, Rapid Aid expanded into Cold Chain Packaging Solutions, assisting businesses as they transport their temperature-sensitive products
The Machine Operator is responsible for providing excellent quality service to all Rapid Aid customers and internal departments by operating the Vertical Form Fill Machines and gel mixers in a safe and efficient manner to ensure that quality and quantity are maximized.
- Provides superior customer service and demonstrates a professional and positive attitude toward internal and external contacts at all times.
- Works as a team member and provides assistance in the plant as required.
- Operates the Vertical Form Fill Machine and gel mixers maintaining production and quality at all times.
- Maintains cleanliness of the machine and work area.
- Checks water ampoules, chemical levels and finished products.
- Maintains inventory control, record wastage, and complete production records daily.
- Makes machine adjustments or minor repairs as required.
- Keeps an up to date inventory of spare parts.
Skills, Technical and Behavioral Competencies Required:
- Previous experience and or demonstrate knowledge of operating machinery in a safe manufacturing environment
- The ability to accurately understand verbal and written instructions and respond accordingly
- The ability to ensure work is completed correctly, thoroughly and within established timeframes
- The ability to work and cooperate with others to accomplish department or corporate goals and objectives
- The ability to safely operate large machinery
- Good communication skills and the ability to train others to perform the work safely
- Mechanical ability to make adjustments and minor repairs
- Proficient written skills to maintain accurate records
- Location: 4120A Sladeview Crescent, Units 1 – 4, Mississauga, Ontario
- Willingness to work shifts if required
- Occasional overtime