Line Operator – Vertical Form Fill & Seal Machine
The Machine Operator is responsible for providing excellent quality service to all Rapid Aid customers and internal departments by operating the Vertical Form Fill Machines and gel mixers in a safe and efficient manner to ensure that quality and quantity are maximized.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and follow written work instructions and work orders.
- Start and stop the production line as needed to keep up with workflow and to prevent potential quality issues and safety hazards.
- Load and unload material and finished product by hand, including packaged and unpackaged product.
- Placing finished product on pallets to be delivered to other locations within the facility.
- Inspect products for defects and pull defective items off the line before they proceed further in the production process, labelling and rerouting defective products away from the production area.
- Properly label all products and ensure that labels and product information match.
- Place line machinery on the correct settings with regard to speed and heat when different products or different phases of production are being used, according to company machine specifications.
- Maintain a neat and clean work area.
Skills and Qualifications:
- College diploma an asset or equivalent Warehouse work experience.
- The successful candidates will have 1-2 years’ experience in a production environment performing repetitive tasks efficiently and safely.
- Attention to detail is critical, as is the physical ability to lift materials, reach and bend, and work with prolonged standing.
- The ability to communicate in English in a team environment is required.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Self-starter and team player who can work with little supervision.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.