Open Position: Forklift Operator
Since 1975, Rapid Aid has been the leading global designer and manufacturer of hot and cold therapy products, constantly innovating as we strive to treat the world’s bumps and bruises. We work closely with major medical companies and retailers on seamless OEM solutions for private label lines, while also delivering our own full range of branded products. We manufacture for companies that specialize in healthcare, first aid, retail and much more. Our head office is in Mississauga, Ontario, and we proudly produce over 400 styles of hot and cold therapy products both in Canada and our wholly owned manufacturing facilities in China and Vietnam. In 2020, Rapid Aid expanded into Cold Chain Packaging Solutions, assisting businesses as they transport their temperature-sensitive products
The Forklift operator will be reporting to the Plant Manager, the Forklift Operator will be experienced in moving skids of material around a warehouse and production environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experienced in moving skids of material around a warehouse and production environment.
- Unloading materials and merchandise from incoming trailers and stacking them to assigned places.
- Locating and moving product stock to pallets or crates for storage or shipment.
- Loading and unloading trailers.
- Identifying damage and reporting shortages or quality deficiencies.
- Transporting raw materials to production workstations.
- Inspecting lift truck equipment daily to determine the need for repair.
- Keeping updated records of inventory and activity logs.
- Helping to maintain a safe and orderly work area.
- Provides superior customer service and demonstrates a professional and positive attitude toward internal and external contacts at all times.
- Works as a team member and provides assistance in the plant as required.
- Assembles product to quality standards according to work order.
- Packs product to quality standards according to work order.
- Maintains cleanliness of the machine and work area.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Valid Raymond Reach & Counter Balance License.
- 1-3 years proven experience in warehousing and forklift operation.
- Able to accurately understand verbal instructions and respond accordingly.
- Ensure work is completed correctly, thoroughly and within established timeframes.
- The ability to work and cooperate with others to accomplish department or corporate goals and objectives.
- The ability to work quickly and safely.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Location: 4120A Sladeview Crescent, Units 1-4, Mississauga, Ontario
- Willingness to work shifts if required
- Occasional overtime
- Pay: $19.00-$21.00 per hour