Introducing the First Ever Thermal Insulated Mailer with Integrated PCM Refrigerants
For Room Temperature (CRT) Shipments
Pre-qualified CRT parcel mailer provides temperature stability for last-mile pharmaceutical delivery without needing a cooler and separate gel packs
The increasing demand for temperature-controlled packaging necessitates a lower-cost solution that is cost-effective and better for the environment.
The first-of-its-kind thermal insulated shipping mailer integrates PCM refrigerants into its construction, allowing specialty pharma and mail-order drug organizations to send individual doses of medications at a stable room temperature with an envelope form factor. The patent pending solution removes the need for EPS coolers, a corrugated box, and separate refrigerants by integrating a proprietary phase change material (PCM) into the lining of the mailer:
- Reduces shipping costs and minimizes the space required for shipments
- Reduces pack-out error by simplifying the packing process since there is only one fully cohesive component
- Decreases waste as no cooler or corrugate box is required
- Vacuum sealed and shipped in compressed bundles, which allows companies to stock inventory with ease until ready to use
- Vacuum sealed and shipped in compressed bundles, which allows companies to stock inventory with ease until ready to used.
Estimated 92% smaller footprint than existing cooler-based solutions.
PCM Refrigerant Built Into The Mailer Walls
The thermal insulated mailers contain a Phase Change Material (PCM) selected for the specific temperature it maintains when transitioning between its solid and liquid states.
For example, the summer mailer incorporates a 23°C PCM which will change from solid to liquid to protect from extreme heat, while the winter mailer utilizes a 5°C PCM which will change from liquid to solid to protect from extreme cold.
Durable Construction with 3 Layers of Protection
The patent-pending, layered construction consists of three protective materials:
- Specialized PCM mats engineered to be flexible, even in their solid state, control the temperature of the payload
- Cushioning polyurethane (PU) insulation provides thermal and compression resistance for the product
- A durable, protective outer material protects the contents from physical damage during transit
Qualified To the ISTA 7D and 7E Standard to Your Support URAC and ACHC Accreditation Testing
Controlled room temperature (CRT) is traditionally defined as 20–25°C, with allowable excursions up to 15–30°C, as long as the mean kinetic temperature remains in the specified range.
If the drug stability supports it, USP 659 has a potential CRT range of
Each mailer is tested against the ISTA 7D & 7E Summer and Winter profiles (as well as Spring/Fall seasonal conditions) using lane data gathered from real-world conditions and tested with several different product payload boxes and instrumented with calibrated RTD temperature monitors.
|Profiles Available||Prequalified to ISTA 7D & 7E: Summer & Winter; Spring/Fall|
|Qualified CRT Temperature Ranges|
15°C – 25°C for 48 hours (Summer)
2°C – 30°C for 144 hours (Summer, Winter and Spring/Fall)
Custom ranges available upon request
|Customizable||Custom branding available|
|Unit Weight||2 pounds|
|Shipping||Shipped in vacuum compressed bundles to enable less storage space|
This product is patent pending