How Are TempAid Cold Chain Packaging and Shipping Solutions Different Than Other Off-the Shelf Insulated Containers
The TempAid line of cold chain packaging solutions provide superior performance and temperature hold-time capabilities to ensure your temperature-sensitive shipments arrive safely at their point of destination.
The qualified cold chain packaging product line is designed to be cost optimized and perform to meet your exact transportation processes and regulatory requirements. Qualified solutions include the outer corrugate, EPS cooler, gel packs, and a full compliant documentation package (Temperature profile, CQ/DQ/IQ/OQ/PQ, and gel pack conditioning process validation).
All qualified provides reliable, stable and accurate temperature performance for extended hold times ranging from 24 to 72 hours. Qualified temperatures include either 2 to 8C and 15 to 25C variations. Additional temperature variations and hold times are available and can be tested in our ISTA compliant packaging laboratory.
Why not choose just any cold chain packaging solution?
Not all insulated shipping containers guarantee proper performance. An “off the shelf” solution may not be the best fit if your product has
- sensitivity to temperatures (high and low)
- to time at a temperature threshold
- sensitivity to specific distribution systems
- regulatory requirements
For cases where these considerations need to be managed, we have the solution. TempAid cold chain packaging properly regulates the latent heat of any shipping environment.
Each qualified solution is engineered with the optimal “K Value” and material thickness in our ISTA Certified Thermal Testing Lab meet both performance needs, product reusability, and reduce total cost of ownership (TCO) for these containers.
Cold chain packaging solutions that lower ownership cost
- Better insulation means reduced gel pack and PCM costs, which also reduces the weight of the shipment.
- Better hold times equals less expensive shipping methods can be used.
- Durable and allows for increased payload capacities that allow you to ship more product without increasing box.
- Qualified against more specific temperature profiles that take into account your transportation processes and geographical region.
- Assures you use less coolant and reduces dimensional weight.
Cold Chain Manufacturing Capability
TempAid, a Rapid Aid Corp. division, has over 45 years of manufacturing excellence and experience – production acumen we pass on to you. We are proud to own every step of our business – the innovation, administration, marketing, and manufacturing of our products – from conception to delivery across the globe.
Rapid Aid North America
TempAid’s head office and North American production facilities are located in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada. This centralized region provides an excellent distribution point to reach customers throughout North America. It also assures production is reliable, timely, and flexible as our domestic capabilities allow us to react quickly to changes in your business, giving you peace of mind and quality assurance other foreign providers cannot offer.
Rapid Aid China
Our wholly-owned and Canadian-managed operation in Danyang, Jiangsu, China, is hard at work, delivering millions of units per month, all from a state-of-the-art facility that exceeds international standards. Our relationships with suppliers, logistics, and government, built up over the last 12 years in this region, have helped us to continue improving our delivery times, costs, and quality.
Rapid Aid Vietnam
As product demand has increased, so did our need for another manufacturing and distribution facility in Asia. In 2019 we opened a 42,000 sq. ft facility in Hai Phong, Vietnam. This facility, much like our facility in China, delivers millions of units per month to meet growing demands. It also allows for optimal pricing for cost-conscious customers.
Supervised by deeply experienced Canadian, Chinese, and Vietnamese management, our cross-cultural teams work seamlessly together, enhanced by our English, Mandarin, and Vietnamese speaking staff on both sides of the Pacific.
Our Commitment to Quality and Compliance
Our products are guaranteed to be of the highest quality and, above all, safe. Run by a dedicated, experienced and knowledgeable in-house QA and regulatory staff, the team ensures quality, safety, and controls across the organization.
- We conduct social compliance and quality audits to meet and exceed the needs of our large reputable customer base of medical, retail, food, and logistics clients.
- The company regularly surpasses the audit requirements of regulatory organizations such as the FDA, Health Canada, ISTA and ISO.
Built for optimal thermal performance and pack out simplicity.
- Refined for lower temperature profiles like those found in Canada and the Northern United States.
- Tested and qualified under strict testing guidelines that surpass Canadian and US regulations.
- Reusable and sustainable materials provide a green alternative to single use containers.
- Decreased spoilage due to pack out errors.
As an ISTA certified thermal packaging lab, the company assures repeatability of results and operational documentation specific to your operation, enabling your team to be effective and skills to be transferrable. The result is a truly qualified packaging system that: Minimizes failure. Minimizes cost. Gets your product to market faster.
TempAid cold chain passive containers are engineered to protect the integrity of vaccines, food, medications, blood, plasma and other temperature-sensitive goods during transportation.