Cold Chain Packaging of Frozen Foods for Shipping. A Primer for Temperature-Controlled Solutions.
Advantages of Cold Chain Packaging of Frozen Foods for Shipping
- Extend product shelf life
- Reduce loss of quality and nutrients
- Maintain product integrity during distribution process
- Decrease the risk of microbial contamination.
- Transferred with a continuous operation, such as with a delivery truck, and transferred to refrigerators or freezers without compromising quality
- Better protected against spreading foodborne illnesses caused by bacterial growth
- Preserved against spoilage
Contact us today for a quote.
Foods that Need to Be Frozen (and the Right Temperatures)
Fruits, vegetables, fish, and meats all need to be refrigerated or frozen to maintain their quality during the transportation process. Chilling fruits and vegetables will help them maintain their quality for longer while freezing, or chilling meats and fish will prevent spoilage and the growth of potentially dangerous bacteria.
Products Designed to Protect Frozen Foods in Transit
While there are several factors to designing a protective packaging system, most rely on a few main components: The cooler, refrigerant, and an outer corrugate box. Below are some of those products designed for this purpose.
TempAid Cold Chain Solutions
40 Years Experience
TempAid™, a division of Rapid Aid Corp., manufactures a complete line of cold chain solutions designed for optimal temperature stability in the food, pharmaceutical, and laboratory sectors. As part of the Rapid Aid brand, the company has been delivering solutions to the market since 1975. The company has the capacity and manufacturing capability to deliver hundreds of millions of units per year.
About TempAid Lab Testing for Frozen Foods
Our ISTA certified labs offer packaging testing of frozen food processing, manufacturing, and packaging suppliers. The tests we conduct include:
- Distribution simulation (ASTM D4169, ISTA Series 1-7)
- Environmental conditioning (ISTA 2A & 3A, ASTM D4332)
- Shelf-life testing (ASTM F1980)
This helps distributors simulate the conditions that packages will be sent through and analyzes the cold chain process to ensure it adheres to all industry regulations.